Friday, 9 September 2011

Christopher Columbus

Christopher Columbus - Christian Encounters
by Dale Buss

I started reading this book with no knowledge of the famous Christopher Columbus, or the "Admiral of the Ocean Sea". I finished this book exploding with knowledge of the great man, ready to share some interesting facts to others.
I requested this book from booksneeze.com in return for an honest review. I had received another Christian Encounters novel before, and it was amazing! I enjoyed every second of it, but could not wait to receive this book in the mail so I ended it reading it eBook format!
Dale Buss does a fantastic job at retelling this mans story- his life, his voyages, and his successes and failures, even though this is not a long read- a mere 176 pages.
Christopher was born in 1451 in Italy to a middle-class family and he died in 1506. He was a man of many trades. He was an explorer, a navagator, and a colonizer. People may say he is nutty, but I believe this man is very smart. He was fluent in many languages, including Portuguese, Latin, Castalian, and of course, his native language, Italian. He was very interested and avidly read about history, geography, and astrology. Buss does an excellent job at this biography on the man that changed the world.
I give this book 5 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment