Friday, 2 September 2011

No He Can't

No He Can't by Kevin McCullough - How Barack Obama Is Dismantling Hope and Change
I have to admit, I knew nothing about politics (with the exception of reading Lies the Government Told You and The Century Turns, also from booksneeze.com/Thomas Nelson) before reading this book. I also knew nothing about Obama except he was the first black president, and his wifes name is Michelle.
This book is written by radio host Kevin McCollough. ‘No He Can’t’ is divided into four sections; Economics, National Insecurity, Erosion of Rights, and Accountability to Caesar. It is in these four sections that Kevin points out all of the mistakes, and inaccuracies that Obama has made during his presidency. This book is not just Kevin's personal opinions, as everything is backed up by quotes Obama has said himself.
Since I do not live in the United States, I am not surrounded by the news of their political world. I have always thought of Obama as a loyal president who loves his family of his country. I was very shocked to read some of what Kevin had to say, calling Barack disloyal and dishonest. I immediately knew this was not a book of praise towards the president, because of the cover- a dark red colour, and Obama's picture, looking quite mean/mad.
Needless to say, this was not the best book I have ever read. I did however enjoy Kevin's passion towards his writing... he delivers his point very clearly and does not beat around the bush. This is one man who says (or writes!) whatever is on his mind! I did not like how this book was very one-sided.
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in politics or current events. Obama lovers would not like this read, thats for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment