Friday, 2 September 2011

Stained Glass Hearts

I received a copy of this book from booksneeze.com in exchange for an honest review.

I was very excited to read this book. The author is Patsy Clairmont, and she has created this pretty hardcover for those who are stuggling and have a negative perspective on life. In the 13 chapters in 190 pages, Patsy gives advice and motivitation to stay strong and seek out the good things in life. In the first four chapters, Patsy paints a picture of what our need is, and the last 9 chapters she explains different ways to fulfil the need, with suggestions from her own life. I really enjoyed how at the end of every chapter, she give a song to listen to, a painting to look at, places to visit, things to look at and things to read.
I picked to review this book because of its subtitle: Seeing Life from a Broken Perspective. It appealed to me because, like many others, I had lived a life with disappointments.
Patsy is very open about her life and very cheerful. Her life has been a crazy journey and she holds nothing back in this honest tale. She tells how the Lord has brought her through her difficult times and came out on top. I also found that I aquired an interested for the arts and literature because of the fantastic examples she shares with her readers.
I would recommend this book because it is a truly good read. It could help many people keep their head up and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment