Fyodor Dostoevsky
By Peter Liethart
"Artfully written and cleverly constructed, this biography in the Christian Encounters Series gives readers a compelling look at the world-famous writer and the social, political, and scientific forces that set the stage for his literary greatness."
I received this book from booksneeze.com in return for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The last book that I had chosen to review was also in the Christian Encounter Series (I had just read about Christopher Columbis, and I have to say it was much better), however it was also by a different author. The only negative thing that I have to say about this book is that I find Fyodor Dostoecsky to be rather boring However, I think Peter does an excellent job at informing readers who Fyodor Dostoevsky is in this 208 page novel.
I had never heard of Dostoevsky before and I can tell why- he is not someone I find to be very interesting. I thought this book was rather boring. I got interested during some parts of the book though, for example when I read about his gambling and money problems.
Fyodor was very Christian and I am not religious at all, and this is why I might not have liked this book as much as others probably would.
I give this book 3 stars out of 5, because of the authors writing style
No comments:
Post a Comment