The Realms Thereunder
Ross Lawhead
This book was said to be "[A] fantastically compelling novel mixing the best of fantasy, adventure, and intrigue" (C.J. Darlington) and that it is! I normally do not like fantasy books and I did not know this book was one until I started reading. Once I figured out it was a fantasy/adventure novel, I did not expect myself to enjoy it, but boy, was I wrong!
I have read two of Ross' fathers (Stephen Lawhead) and I found his work to be brilliant. Ross is equally talent, but the father and son have different writing styles.
This book takes place in Oxford, Scottland. It is the story of Freya Reynolds, a university student, and Daniel Tully, a homeless man. Almost ten years ago, Freya and Daniel were at a church when they were abducted by knights and taken to an ancient underground city. They were missing for 72 days and presummed dead, when they both end up in East Ayreshire, Scottland. The pair went their own ways and Freya ended up studying forklore at Oxford, while Daniel ended up on the streets. This story follows the duo through an action-packed plot line, with tons of twists, turns, and pure spooky.
No comments:
Post a Comment