Wednesday, 10 August 2011

The Bone House

The Bone House
by Stephen Lawhead
        This is the second novel in the Bright Empires series. I have read the first book and it was fantastic, so I jumped at the opportunity to read this one for free, courtest of Thomas Nelson and booksneeze.com.
        Since it was a while since I read The Skin Map, I was quite pleased that this novel offered a section called "Previously in the Bright Empire series." This was very effective in bringing back my memory of the great book. If someone missed out on The Skin Map, do not worry! The authors short story of what has previously happened will catch you up immediately! Also, for those who have missed out on The Skin Map, Stephen Lawhead provides you with a great list of important characters.
I was very excited to read about Kit and his continued journey to find the pieces of the skin map. It was actually the frount cover that drew me into reading this book, but after finding out it was a part of the Bright Empire series, I could not resist myself. I even stayed up all night long finishing it!
        This story gives you lots of twists and turns while Kit tries to uncover the secrets of The Bone Housee. I have always appreciated Lawheads descriptive scenes and characters, and this book was no exception. His flawless writing styles have captured many readers hearts and I am no doubt one of these readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment