Wednesday, 10 August 2011

The Final Summit

The book The Final Summit by Andy Andrews was fantastic! I requested this book from booksneeze.com in return for an honest review, and I loved every minute reading it! It was a very easy read (I finished it in three days) and it was very enjoyable. I wish I had read Andrews earlier book, The Traveler's Gift before I had read this one.
David Ponder is the chosen one to answer one question at a summit of Travelers that would save all humanity. Archangel Gabriel presents the question "What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway towards successful civilization?" This two word answer is the only way for the world to go on. David Ponder is allowed five answers to the question, and he is also allowed to ask for the help of five fellow Travelers. He asks for the help of all five, and they include Joan of Arc, Abraham Lincoln, Eric Erikson, King David, and George Washington Carver. Together they come up with five possible answers: Restore hope, seek wisdom, show courage, exhibit self-discipline, and build character.
I loved Andy Andrews attention to detail. You can tell he really did his research before writing this book. He tells about historys legends appearance, personality, and accomplishments, and you can tell he knows his stuff! I learned many things while reading this book, and really found interesting Joan of Arc's story.
I give this novel four stars out of five, and I will cherish it on my book shelf, and continue to pick it up and read it again and again! Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment