I was very excited to receive Unsinkable from booksneeze.com in return for an honest review!
Right away this book sucked me in and it was very hard to put it down. This novel is written by Abby Sutherland and Lynne Vincent. It is the story of 16year old Abby's dream to sail solo around the world (Abby's brother completed this mission in his teens in 2009). Through her journey she encounters many problems and I am envious of her courage, strength, and determanation.
Abby's parents, Laurence and Marianne wanted their kids to grow up experiencing the whole world and its different cultures. When Abby was 13 she realized her dream of sailing solo around the world, and she set off in 2010 to do so.
This book comes complete with many colour pictures of Abby, her family, her journeys on the seas, and her boat. Right off the bat, I got confused with some of the 'sailing lingo' used, but after I finished reading this book, i discovered there was a guide to the nautical terms used. I wish I had discovered this sooner!
This book is written in three different perspectives, with little pictures to let you know when the narration is changing. The three narators are Abby herself, Lynne Vincent, and those who rescued her.
Abby is a very motivated girl, and her stories in this book are very honest and open. I would recomment this book to others, and will continue to read it over and over again!
No comments:
Post a Comment