Regret Free Parenting is a great easy read by Catherine Hickem. I requested this book from booksneeze.com in return for an honest review. As a new mother (my son is only two months old) I have noticed the huge amount of parenting books and it can often be overwhelming trying to pick the best one that will give the best benefits. Most of these books, articles and magazines give advice on how to handle certain situations, but Regret Free Parenting offers more than that. This excellent read offers confidence, and is a great stress-management tool when you feel you need it.
Hickem does this by explaining seven principles that mothers, new and old, should focus on while parenting. These seven principles are: understanding your purpose, knowing and affirming your child, keeping vision, developing emotional intelligence, maintaining your parent position, addressing your fears, and being dependent on God.
Through this read I learned that “Regret free” does not equal mistake free. Everybody makes mistakes and even though we make mistakes we can still raise our children to be healthy and happy. This book is one that I will continue to read again and again, and definitely suggest to other mothers and fathers. I feel a lot better about myself, my child, and our future together after reading this book. Thank you Catherine Hickem and booksneeze.com!
Hickem does this by explaining seven principles that mothers, new and old, should focus on while parenting. These seven principles are: understanding your purpose, knowing and affirming your child, keeping vision, developing emotional intelligence, maintaining your parent position, addressing your fears, and being dependent on God.
Through this read I learned that “Regret free” does not equal mistake free. Everybody makes mistakes and even though we make mistakes we can still raise our children to be healthy and happy. This book is one that I will continue to read again and again, and definitely suggest to other mothers and fathers. I feel a lot better about myself, my child, and our future together after reading this book. Thank you Catherine Hickem and booksneeze.com!
No comments:
Post a Comment